PROTON EXORA is out officially last night. There was a massive crowd at PROTON Edar branches nationwide, filled with Kiasu person trying to have a peek. The new Proton Exora is available in two variants â€“ a 1.6 liter automatic high-line and a 1.6 liter automatic medium-line, priced at RM75,998.00 and RM69,998.00 respectively OTR with insurance. Naza Citra Rondo II costs RM 84,888, Toyota Innova costs around RM97,000 for manual version. There has been a lot efforts being put into development of this car including the technology that comes with it. Proton claims the Exora was designed to achieve a 4-star rating in Euro NCAP crash tests. Exora also comes complete with twin airbags system as well as GPS technology. Pretty neat isn’t it? This GPS machine is very similar to what you have on your PERSONA.
GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM (GPS)
PROTON GPS SYSTEM
Some of the advanced technologies that you may find in an Exora are:
- A battery saver for room lamps, luggage and key ring illumination. These turn off after 30 seconds to ensure they do not make your battery flat if for some reason they are left in a situation where they are on all the time.
- Follow-me-home headlamps just like the one that you get with Volvo, BMW and Mercedez cars, stay on for a certain period of time to help light up your walkway when you park and want to enter your house.
- The battery level for the remote key is indicated on the carâ€™s instrument panel briefly when you turn the ignition on. The remote key has a range of 20 meters.
- The remote control will not work if your front door is not closed. The vehicle will also remind you if you activate a remote command if the rear door is not closed.
- There is a door open indicator on the instrument panel that indicates exactly which door, engine bay hood or rear hatch is not closed.
- There is a door opening warning when you reach a speed of 7km/h if any doors are open.
- Tap feature for the signal indicator stalk. This is similiar to alot of modern cars – you just have to tap the indicator stalk (not press fully) for the signal to flash 3 times to indicate a lane change and stop automatically, no need to press fully to turn on and reach for it again to deactivate it.
- Dim-in and dim-out feature for the interior room lamps – Proton says this is better for the eyes at night and it also adds a certain touch of class. The interior room lamps turn off automatically after you lock the car, or they also stay on for 30 seconds and then fade out in 2.8 seconds. When you unlock the car, the room light fade-in in 3.4 seconds.
- Front and rear wiper washer drip wiping – automatically wipe to remove excess water. What happens is when you operate the front washer, it will wipe 4 times and then pause for 5 seconds and then wipe one more time, to remove all the excess water effectively. This is because some of the washer liquid from the top of the windscreen will slowly drip down after the initial wiping, so the last wipe completely removes the washer water.
- Programmable front wiper interval. This can be anything from 1 seconds to 25 seconds. The default is 4 seconds. This is how you program it – you put it into INT and then back to off. Then you wait for the duration you want and turn switch it to INT again. The time duration you waited will become the new interval, up to a max of 25 seconds.
- The rear wiper turns on automatically when you engage reverse gear if your front wipers are on.
- If in SLOW mode, the front wiper changes mode to INT mode when you bring the MPV to a complete stop, letâ€™s say in a traffic jam in the rain.
- The remote unlocks the drivers door only if pushed once – probably push twice to unlock all doors. Apparently you are able to configure this to unlock all doors at once by default.
- There is an alarm activation history kept but I am not sure how to access it, perhaps only at the service center.
- The doors will lock automatically once you reach a speed of 20km/h.
- The doors will unlock automatically once you remove the key from the key barrel.
- All doors unlock automatically upon a crash via a signal coming from the airbag control unit.
- If you perform any sudden braking at speeds of at least 96km/h, the hazard lights will flash automatically.
DVD/VCD PLAYER HAS USB PORT AND SD CARD SLOT
Although Proton Exora has higher horsepower at 125 bhp (run on a campro engine) compared to Avanza (108 bhp) and Grand Livinia (104 bhp), it’s heavier than both of them. As such PROTON EXORA is expected to be less nimble than Avanza dan Nissan Grand Livinia. In terms of power/weight, Toyota Innova is the best in this MPV category. The new Proton Exora sits on a platform that was developed by Proton engineers with the help of their engineering consultancy partner LG CNS. LG CNS also assisted Proton with the development of the Savvy platform, which was later revised to become the Saga platform.
COMPARATIVE CHARTS BETWEEN MAIN COMPETITORS
PROTON EXORA INTERIOR
PROTON RADIO BY CLARION
INTERIOR OF PROTON EXORA
SOPHISTICATED KEY HOLDER FOR PROTON EXORA – WHERE’S PROTON LOGO?